Name, Image and Likeness (NIL) is a term that describes the means through which college athletes are allowed to receive financial compensation. NIL refers to the use of an athlete’s name, image, and likeness through marketing and promotional endeavors. This can include autograph signings, product endorsements, social media posts, and more.
Spartans Unite works with businesses and individuals who want to support UNCG athletes with NIL opportunities but are unsure of NCAA rules and regulations. Spartans Unite uses funds received from supporters to create NIL opportunities that comply with NCAA rules and state laws for athletes. Examples of NIL opportunities for athletes include the athlete being paid to participate in a youth sports camp, film a commercial a local business or autograph items that will be auctioned off at a charity event. Spartans Unite is able to customize the NIL opportunities for the athletes based on what the business or individual is looking to accomplish.
Spartans Unite is currently focused on NIL opportunities for UNCG basketball and soccer athletes. Focusing on these specific sports will allow us to have the greatest impact on UNCG athletics and the Greensboro community. Please feel free to reach out to us if you or your business are interested in exploring NIL opportunities with other sports.
Your support and contributions make it possible for Spartans Unite to be the premier NIL Collective in the SOCON conference. 85% of every dollar goes directly to the players with the other 15% going to management and operation fees.
Please contact us if you would like to learn more how you or your business can work with Spartans Unite to help UNCG athletes with NIL opportunities.